- AVAILABLE NOW:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
Friday, April 10, 2009
Daniel does Laundry !
Last night I fell into a deep sleep. Even though I love my present home very much, I often dream about living in the home I grew up in. I dream that my husband and children and I live there now. Even though this is completely impractical because it's another state and far from here, in some sense I still live there. Last night I dreamt that we were living in my childhood home and that we had a washer-dryer in the downstairs laundry room there. In the dream, we had decided to put an additional washer-dryer in a large closet in the upstairs hallway in addition. This way, we could save steps and all the kids could keep up with their wash. I dreamt that Daniel and I were washing laundry and folding sheets, towels and pillowcases as they came out of the dryer. We were enjoying ourselves as we folded. There was bright sunlight and a warm breeze coming in from open windows. I remember his bright smile. When I woke up, I thought, well that's odd. Daniel hated to do laundry. He did it, but he didn't like it. I wonder if this was simply the keeping of a small promise to me to do his laundry which sat in his full hamper. It took me weeks to deal with his laundry after he passed.