- MORE INFO ABOUT:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
This Time of Year
No matter how many times we revisit this time of year, as it approaches, I still have trepidation as if it's a train pulling into a dreaded station. This year, it will be eight years since Daniel enjoyed Thanksgiving with friends and family and then, the day after, in preparation for Christmas shopping, collapsed and died in our home's main floor bathroom. Even though we heard the crash of his falling, and unlocked the door with a key and started immediate CPR, there was no coming back. The helicopter team from the University of Virginia ran an exceptional code, but he was gone before they had really arrived.
We live now in the altered, no fractured timeline doing the best we can to propel our children forward in a world frankly Daniel might not quite have recognized from eight years ago.
The song below, by Steven Curtis Chapman, is a comfort and I hope it will be to you as well.