- MORE INFO ABOUT:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
I am Doing My Best
Daniel and Dad,
It's been four years since your departures. Four years since your funerals, and yet in many ways, these are not distant memories. I am afraid that in some ways, my life has come defined by the loss of both of you. The book about Daniel's life is now available worldwide. Daniel, you might be pleased to know that your face can be found all over the world in bookstores, and certainly in all the cities around the world I never got the opportunities to take you. How ironic that your book is so much better traveled than you. Sometimes I feel sad that with all the love I gave you, and all the joy we had, that I somehow dropped the ball on things you should have done while here. But, I would always have wanted more. Dad, when I am not embroiled in activities with the animals or the other kids, and I am not battling either asthma or episodic atrial fibrillation, I will start collecting paperwork and outlining for a book on your life also. It should always have been written, but I believe it would have been a better and more comprehensive book had it been written by you. I will do my best, as the agent of both of you on Earth to continue. Four years on, even with the love of the family that remains, I feel lost sometimes without each of you. I am doing my best.