- MORE INFO ABOUT:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Drought without Doubt
Not only are we without the joys that having Daniel and Dad here brought, but once again, we are in a drought. Two weeks ago, everything on the farm was lush, green and growing like a nineteen year old boy
at a smorgasbord. Now, we have die-back on trees, plants, and vegetables. My gingko bilobas have yellowed, and the poplars are dying back so significantly that it looks like early autumn here, in July ! My son Adam reminds me that poplars do best near creeks, ponds and marshes, but still ! The Royal Paulonias are holding their own and many of them have seeds this year. It has also been unseasonably hot this summer. We have 103s in June,and it has been very humid.