- MORE INFO ABOUT:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
Sunday, January 15, 2012
No New Leads in Ian Burnet's Disappearance
Police have created a new place for internet tips:
There is no additional news otherwise.
As of two hours ago, according to the family of missing engineering student Ian Burnet, there is no news. Ian, a Virginia Commonwealth University student from Richmond, Virginia travelled with friends to New York City just after Christmas for a brief holiday prior to starting again at VCU in the semester which would ordinarily begin in a couple of days. Ian was last heard from via text message on 12/30, and has not been seen since. Complete information can be found at: www.findianburnet.com
Interestingly, although Ian is an honor student at VCU, the university has made no attempt to notify its students via e-mail or via their website regarding this man's missing status. Perhaps 34,000 students plus saw something or have some theories.
Ian was felt to be a travel savvy and careful young man. This is an excellent time to begin a conversation with your own kids of this age, concerning "filing a flight plan". Each one of us, including myself, should leave a brief synopsis of where we plan to be going and when we are returning in the event that our car breaks down, or we become ill somewhere. I don't know that in Ian's case this would have made an incredible difference, but it does raise this talking point with our kids for whom it really might.
Prayers and best wishes continue for Ian's parents, Mark and Nancy Burnet, and for his brother Jamie and for all the cousins.