- MORE INFO ABOUT:~~ THE BOOK~~ "What I Learned from Daniel"~~
- BUY THE BOOK: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- BUY THE BOOK: "Portsoy Woods"
- OUR FIRST BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS
- *Contact Me* or Review my book: "What I Learned from Daniel"
- NEW BLOG : Life After the Rescues
- NEW BLOG: Jane Becomes an Author
- Rational Preparedness:The Blog
- Our Own Available Books
- BOOK & BLOG: Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey:The Life of the Explorer
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Still Those to Tell
It seems that no matter where we go, I still encounter people who do not yet know what happened. I travel periodically to another county where I buy certain supplies for the animals, and I stopped in at a new hardware store. While Matt and I were departing, a woman I've known for about eleven years was entering the store. We figure that we haven't seen one another in about a year and a half.
I caught her up with the news about Daniel, and she was shocked, and she told me about her own. Apparently, her eldest son lives in Florida, and one day she was driving to town to buy some supplies for a visit her sister was making to her home. She saw a cemetery and one of her eldest sons friends there, near dogwood trees that were all in bloom. She had a sense of foreboding. When she got home she was very tired and fell into a deep sleep. She was awakened from the deep sleep by her eldest son telling her in her head, that he had just been shot and had died. Shortly after that, her husband woke her to tell her that her son was dead. She sat right up and told him, "Yes, I know. He was shot. He was murdered." She believes she has heard from her son since. It is surprising how many families who have lost a loved one, have a story of post death communication. So many of these are so compelling.
She is presently raising her 12 year old granddaughter and was understandably distressed to hear that Daniel had passed away at only 12 1/2 without a known medical issue other than some food allergies.